The New Mexico Association for Home & Hospice Care serves its membership through advocacy, networking, education and communication by promoting success and best practices for home care, hospice and related home health support services.
Every New Mexican is aware of and has access to affordable, high quality home and hospice care services.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
The purpose of the New Mexico Association for Home & Hospice Care is to strengthen the home and hospice care industry in New Mexico.
NMAHHC represents approximately 150 home care and hospice agency members who provide hands-on care to New Mexico residents in their homes. NMAHHC includes in its membership all types of agencies: licensed and certified, private and hospital-based home care and hospice programs, proprietary, and non-profit, case management, home medical equipment/infusion & supplies, and affiliated businesses. The agencies are located within 5 regions throughout New Mexico. There is representation on the NMAHHC board from each region.
provides a variety of services to its members including information, education, advocacy for adequate reimbursement, appropriate regulation and a code of ethics for home care and hospice.
promotes quality care in a variety of home living environments by:
- Articulating standards of care. Promoting competency among caregivers.
- Facilitating awareness of home and community services.
- Empowering members to advance health in their communities.
- Establishing and promoting health policy.
- Establishing and promoting the value of home care and hospice to the public.
- Continuing to expand and improve the process and outcomes of home care and hospice.
- Advancing home care and hospice as integral to quality health care.
- Networking to enhance home care and hospice in New Mexico, the United States and the world.